Custom Formalwear & Tuxedos
After dark or 6 p.m. whichever arrives first, there are two ensembles that can properly be referred to as formal: white tie, which involves tails or black tie (more often referred to as the tuxedo).
The more formal of these would be white tie, which includes a tailcoat with matching trousers trimmed with two lines of braid on the outside of each trouser leg, white pique tie, white pique single or double breasted waistcoat (vest) and a wing collar shirt with stiff pique front.
However, with exception to some men's weddings or occasions of state, a man will never be required to wear white tie.
With that in mind, the more common, practical choice would be the tuxedo.
There are four proper styles for the tuxedo: the single or double breasted, one button with peaked lapel or the single breasted or double breasted shawl collar.
You are also encouraged to consider your tuxedo in a chic midnight blue, black, of course, being the standard.
We will build your special occasion garment with all the proper fittings and details.
Choose Your Styling Details:
- A lapel style for the occasion and one that flatters you
- Satin trim on the lapel, pant seam & pocket welts
- Your monogrammed inscription inside the coat can include your special date
- Many choices of fabrics from solid black or midnight blue to color variations and subtle patterns are offered
- Your appointment will include a shirt, tie, & accessory recommendation as well as the correct shoe to wear and where to find it