Why Daniel George?
- You have the opportunity to meet directly with Daniel. Why should you meet with a salesperson with an ambiguous employment history when you can meet directly with the owner & designer? That's a win/win relationship. We can't get DG to take a day off. Daniel says, "My name is in the garment next to yours. I care how you look as much as you do!"
- We have an in-house tailor shop staffed by two highly-skilled tailors—essential to your custom suit purchase and fittings.
- Completed client’s garments in house for your inspection.
- Plain & simple: the BEST style advice, period. We will often talk a client out of something if they're off track, and we’ll offer strong recommendations.
- Money back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the fit of your completed garment, we will refund it in full.
- True Bespoke: Many custom clothing companies misuse the term 'bespoke'. Let us help you decipher the meaning of bespoke, made-to-measure, and custom. Bespoke means hand-made. Made-to-measure indicates that your measurements are being translated from a readymade pattern, and slightly modified to improve fit. A true custom suit is created using a pattern from your unique measurements. An informed consumer looking for above-average quality can expect to be disappointed by a “custom” suit priced lower than $500. A competitor’s $500 machine-made “custom” suit from blended cloth is the same (low) quality found at a discount department store for $400.
- We offer a credit to leave your ill-fitting custom suit with us; good towards the purchase of your new suit. Bring in your custom garment from our competitors and we'll either make the necessary adjustments or offer you a credit when purchasing a garment from us. You'll see the difference between theirs and ours...side by side.
- Our client, Christopher Negron, won 1st place in a national formalwear competition wearing his Daniel George tuxedo and accessories. There were 51 contestants representing Chicago custom-clothiers and ready-made menswear stores.
- We are NOT a direct ship from China to your doorstep global organization. That is a flawed concept and is not a custom experience. Many of these "custom" retailers are selling polyester-blended cloth with Italian sounding names.
- We help you stay within your budget, all while maximizing the value of your purchase. We offer many different construction options and fabric specials. Discounts are available for cash or check payments.
- And yes... we offer a $5000 hand-made suit from Loro Piana or Ariston cloth, among other premium Italian mills. While it's not for everyone, it's a sumptuous luxury for "someday".
We are proud to offer the best quality garments in town. While we do not have the cheapest suit, we do have the best suit. At Daniel George, we strongly encourage you to explore a slightly higher budget for the best value. Don’t pay less for a "custom" suit from our competitors. It will lack the details that make our garments special: hand workmanship, full-canvas chest, and quality fabric and finishes.
If you are looking for a different kind of experience, meet with Daniel and learn what makes Daniel George unique. You'll have no obligation to purchase when you meet with us. We do not have high-pressure sales tactics. Our goal is to inform you about your wardrobe choices, provide you with solid menswear advice, and build a relationship with you for all of your sartorial needs.
You owe it to yourself to meet with a clothier that offers the finest-quality garments and the most knowledgeable staff. If you are not completely convinced that we are the best in town after meeting with us, or feel we aren’t the right fit for your needs, simply continue your search. Rarely does someone visit us and choose a competitor.